Learn how to create offers for simple products.
In this tutorial, we will learn how to create an offer for a simple product. As an example, we will choose the anchor bracelet. Let’s try to create the following offers:
In the example above, we have 2 offers:
- 1 Anchor Bracelet for $14.99 instead of $19.99.
- 3 Anchor Bracelets for $29.99 instead of $59.99 (Which means 1 out of the 3 bracelets is free).
Behind the scenes, this is how the offers creation form looks like:
As you can see, unlike the example of the hoodie (which is a variable product), some columns don’t appear on simple products. This is because simple products don’t have options (or variations).
Let’s break down the different information of the discount rules table:
- The offer title is the description of the offer. For the first offer it would be “1 Anchor Bracelet”, and for the second “3 Anchor Bracelets (1 Free)”. Remember, this is just an example. Feel free to use your creativity to come up with the most attractive titles for your offers.
- Products quantity: This is the total number of items that the customer will get in the offer. For the first offer, the product quantity is 1 while for the second offer, the product quantity is 3.
- Image url: for this example, no images will be added, but you could add images to your offers to better illustrate them.
- Actual/sale price: This is the sale price of the offer. Remember that this is the bundle’s price (total price) and not the price per item.
- Regular price: Optional, the regular price is the price before discount. This price is not used for discount calculation, but only to show the original price of the offer.
- Use fixed multi-currency prices: If you use a multi-currency plugin like CURCY from Villatheme or Product Prices Based On Countries, you can choose to set a different fixed price for each currency instead of using the currency’s exchange rate.
- Custom variants and options: to learn more about custom variants and options, please follow this tutorial.
- Custom messages: You can preselect an offer and add custom marketing messages to your offer :
Preselected offer: You may want to preselect an offer to make it easier for the customer. In this example, we chose to not preselect the 2nd offer.
Message 1: This is purely a marketing message. In this example we chose to highlight that the second offer is the best value that the customer will get for this product. You may want to choose a different message (Best seller, Most popular, …) or even choose to mention some other benefits of the offer (for example: Free shipping).
Message 2: This is another marketing message usually used to highlight the discount of the saving. Bundler automatically calculates the discount, you just have to use (%) to calculate the discount percentage, or ($) for the discount in the store’s currency (remember that the brackets are mandatory for the discount calculation).
Examples of discount rules:
- “Save ($) with this offer” => This will show “Save $30 with this offer”.
- “Save (%) with this offer” => This will show “Save 50% with this offer”.
- “Save ($) with this bundle ((%) off)” => This will show “Save $30 with this bundle (50% off)”.
Of course, you may choose to not highlight the discount by not adding a discount message, or by adding a different kind of message (For example: Free shipping, Crazy deal, etc…).
Message effect: Finally, we added a blinking effect for the messages on both offers.